Declercq Passementiers' story has started in 1852 with a small trimmings factory. Generations of craftspeople have handed down their expertise and ancestral techniques, thus perpetuating the refined traditions of a trade that has become rare. Jérôme and Elisa Declercq represent the sixth generation of this family of trimming-makers and still work according to these traditional craft techniques.
In 1852, Joseph Bertaud, Claude Declercq’s great-grandfather, bought a small trimmings factory at 34 rue Quincampoix in the heart of Paris.
His daughter, Marie-Louise, married Ernest Perret and inherited her father’s business. In 1900 the workshops were moved to rue Saint-Sauveur.
In 1930, during the Depression, Gaston Perret was the first to create the shuttlecock that would revolutionize trimmings for several years. La Passementerie Nouvelle was born.
In 1948, his daughter Jacqueline Perret-Declercq began to work at his side and later took over the direction in collaboration with her son Claude.
In 1971, La Passementerie Nouvelle moved to rue Etienne Marcel. It acquired Louvet & Mauny in 1972, a very old company dating from the 18th century, and in 1977 the prestigious company André Boudin, renown for having made somee of the world’s most beautiful trimmings during the first half of the twentieth century.
Successively in 1980 and 1990, Jérôme and Elisa joined their father in the family company, which became Declercq Passementiers in 1996.
The opening of a new showroom, rue du Mail in Paris and the launch of Declercq Fabrics mark the beginning of 2014.